Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuklasin Natin Adverts

Tuklasin Natin Adverts
Tuklasin Natin Adverts

Sunday, December 25, 2011

QC APPROVES P5 MILLION AID TO TYPHOON SENDONG VICTIMS

The Quezon City government will be extending a P5 million financial aid to the victims of typhoon Sendong, particularly in the hard-hit areas of Iligan City and Cagayan de Oro in Mindanao.

Mayor Herbert Bautista said the two cities will each receive a P1 million donation from the QC government while the remaining P3 million will be provided by the city to support the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in its relief operations for other areas in the South affected by the killer floods brought by typhoon Sendong.

According to Mayor Bautista, the city’s donation shall be taken from the local disaster risk reduction management quick response fund.

The Mayor has been authorized to extend, on behalf of the QC government, the financial assistance to Sendong victims by virtue of a resolution approved by the 26-member QC council during a special session Friday morning for this purpose.

Aside from the financial assistance, the QC government, through the social services development department, will also be providing relief goods to families affected by flashfloods brought about by Sendong.

Meanwhile, the office of the mayor will also solicit support from city hall employees for additional relief goods.

Upon instruction of the Mayor, city administrator Victor Endriga has suggested that each employee may contribute a pack of relief goods consisting of a set of underwear (male or female), a piece/set of clothing for a child or adult and optional footwear.

According to the city administrator, all contributions/donations shall be submitted to the administrative officer of each department and shall be endorsed to the SSDD not later than December 28.

“The very essence of Christmas is in sharing and in giving, so let us partake to share our blessings with our brethren in Mindanao,” said Endriga, in his memorandum circular.

A fund-raising concert will also be organized by the city government at the Quezon Memorial Circle on December 30 for the benefit of the victims of typhoon Sendong.

So far, 1,010 have been confirmed dead by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council from the devastation brought about by Sendong.

The effect of the typhoon has also rendered homeless 44,213 individuals who are now staying in 60 evacuation centers, and displaced 232,187 individuals who are staying outside evacuation centers. Precy/ Rico/ Ej/ Maureen Quinones, PAISO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lingkod Bayan Partner in Public Service

Lingkod Bayan Partner in Public Service

Sponsors

Sponsors
Riscor Engineering Consultancy